Our “PRIVACY” and “DO NOT CALL” Policy
- Protecting the confidentiality of our customer
- How we gather information
- The types of information we share, why, and with whom
- Opting Out – how to instruct us not to share certain information about you or not to contact you
PROTECTING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION:
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customer information very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to store and secure information about you from unauthorized access, alteration, and destruction. Our control policies, for example, authorize access to customer information only by individuals who need access to do their work.
From time to time, we enter into agreements with other companies to provide services to us or make products and services available to you. Under these agreements, the companies may receive information about you but they must safeguard this information, and they may not use it for any other purpose.
HOW WE GATHER INFORMATION:
As part of providing you with financial products or services, we may obtain information about you from the following sources:
- Applications, forms, and other information that you provide to us whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically, or by any other means. This information may include your name, address, employment information, income, and credit references.
- Your transaction with us, our affiliates, or others. This information may include your account balance, payment history, and account usage.
- Consumer reporting agencies. This information may include account information and information about your credit worthiness.
- Public sources. This information may include real estate records, employment records, telephone numbers, etc.
INFORMATION WE SHARE:
We may disclose information we have about you as permitted by law. We are required to or we may provide information about you to third parties without your consent, as permitted by law, such as:
- To regulate authorities and law enforcement officials.
- To protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability.
- To report account activity to credit bureaus.
- To consumer reporting agencies.
- To respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or regulatory authorities.
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business or an operating unit, etc.
In addition we may provide information about you to our service providers to help us process your applications or service your accounts. Our service providers may include billing service providers, mail and telephone service companies, lenders, investors, title and escrow companies, appraisal companies, etc.
We may also provide information about you to our service providers to help us perform marketing services. This information provided to these service providers may include the categories of information described above under “How we Gather Information” limited to only that which we deem appropriate for these service providers to carry out their functions.
We do not provide non-public information about you to any company whose products and service are being marketed unless you authorize us to do so. These companies are not allowed to use this information for purposes beyond your specific authorization.
QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS POLICY / OPTING OUT:
The Proton Group, Inc, dba The HECM Group.
C/O The HECM Group-Privacy Officer
California: In accordance with California law, we will not share information we collect about you with companies outside of The Proton Group, Inc, dba The HECM Group, unless the law allows. For example, we may share information with your consent, to service your accounts, or to provide rewards or benefits you are entitled to. We will limit sharing among our companies to the extent required by California law.
The Proton Group, Inc, dba The HECM Group – “DO NOT CALL” POLICY
The Proton Group, Inc, dba The HECM Group complies with laws and regulations and is committed to protecting and respecting consumers’ rights to privacy.
The Proton Group, Inc, dba The HECM Group does not engage in telemarketing activities, as all initial contact with The Proton Group, Inc, dba The HECM Group is made in response to the consumer’s inquiry or invitation for information about a reverse mortgage loan within three (3) months of such inquiry.
The Proton Group, Inc, dba The HECM Group maintains a record of the name and telephone number(s) for consumers who do not wish to be called or contacted. Upon request, consumers’ telephone number(s) (both customers and non-customers) will be added to the internal Do Not Call List within five (5) business days of receipt of such request. This record will be retained for at least five (5) years.
Consumers are responsible for notifying Western Reliance Funding Group, Inc. any changes in name or telephone number if they move or wish to place a new telephone number on the The Proton Group, Inc, dba The HECM Group Internal Do Not Call list. Furthermore, consumers are responsible for notifying The Proton Group, Inc, dba The HECM Group if there is more than one telephone line or number that they wish to place on the Do Not Call list.
Consumers have additional avenues available to them, which will help reduce or eliminate unwanted telephone solicitations. Consumers may place their telephone number(s) on the National Do Not Call Registry by calling 1-888-382-1222 or online at www.donotcall.gov.
Telephone calls to consumers with whom The Proton Group, Inc, dba The HECM Group has an established business relationship are permitted unless they have asked to be included on the internal Do Not Call list.
No unsolicited facsimile solicitations will be initiated.
Consumers may request a copy of this Policy. Upon receipt of request, we will send a copy via U.S. mail or electronic mail within a reasonable time period of thirty (30) days. If you have any questions or comments regarding The Proton Group, Inc, dba The HECM Group Do Not Call Policy, you may contact:
The Proton Group, Inc, dba The HECM Group
Compliance Department – Do Not Call List
Irvine, CA 92603